Do you wonder where to find citric acid in the grocery store? This is a common challenge among people, especially those getting into the grocery store for the first time. Well, you need not worry because this post will talk about every section of the grocery store where you can find citric acid.
Citric acid is an organic acid mainly used for preservation in food or favorite agent. It is also used in most household cleaning products. It has different uses, which makes it one of the most sought products in the grocery store.
Finding the exact aisle to buy it from is pretty straightforward. Continue reading to learn the different grocery stores section to find citric acid, the various grocery stores that sell citric acid, and the uses of citric acid.
What Aisle is Citric Acid in Grocery Store?
You can find citric acid in the various section of the grocery store. The first place you find citric acid is in the baking section of the grocery store. This is because citric acid is used when baking certain foods. This is where you will find food-grade citric acid.
Also, look at the canning section of the grocery store; you will also find citric acid and this area because it is also used as a preservative for canned food. It’s worth noting that the canning section differs from the canned goods section. Instead, it is an aisle for canning food supplies.
Finally, you can also find citric acid in the spice section of a grocery store because it is used to add flavor to food and replace salt.
Read Also: Where to Find Lemon Juice in Grocery Store
What Grocery Stores Sell Citric Acid Near Me?
Amazon is one of the best places to find citric acid because it’s one of the largest stores in the world. On Amazon, you find food-grade and non-food-grade citric acid. When you order on Amazon, it saves you stress and time because it’s an online store, so you don’t have to stress yourself going to an online store before buying citric acid.
There are many citric acids in Walmart from different brands; it’s left for you to choose the best brand. Many of these citric acids have free delivery deals. This means you don’t have to pay for delivery when you make an order. You can go to their website for more information before going to the physical store to get your goods. And if you are still looking for a Walmart store close to you, you can find one using their online store locator.
Kroger is another grocery store where you can buy citric acid. Compared to Walmart, it has a lesser brand of stearic acid available for pickup and delivery. In this grocery store, you can find brands of citric acid like the Now brand of citric acid. But if you are looking for a specific brand, you can visit your website to check other brands available.
Read Also: Kroger vs Walmart: Which is Cheaper?
4. Local Grocery Stores
The local grocery stores also sell citric acid. You can go to any local grocery store near you, and they mostly said the food grade citric acid in powdered form.
You can also get citric acid from the Safeway grocery store in your area. They also have different brands available that you can choose from.
Albertsons has different brands of citric acid available in their store. They are a brand like; Humco citric acid located in the pharmacy section. It also means they have the medicine citric acid available in their store.
Target is another big store in the US that sells citric acid. You can browse through their website to know the different citric acid brands available in the store.
8. Craft Stores
There’s a big chance you find citric acid at craft stores. It is usually located at the bath bomb or soap-making aisle.
Different Ways to Use Citric Acid
- Citric acid can be used for canning tomatoes. This is because it serves as a preservative in canning your tomatoes. Add half a teaspoon of citric acid to ensure that your tomato lasts for a long time.
- Citric acid is also used in making guacamole. Use it by adding a few citric acid powders to ensure that the avocados and other vegetables used in preparing this dish do not lose their color.
- You can also use citric acid for making sour bread. It is used as a substitute for salt when making sour bread like sourdough. This is possible because it gives the bread a great sour flavor. Also, do not use more than one teaspoon. Using too much citric acid can make the bread taste salty or acidic.
- Finally, citric acid can also be used for skin care products like exfoliating scrubs, face masks, etc. The acidity makes it a good ingredient for anti-fungal because it hinders the growth of microorganisms.
Some Citric Acid Alternatives
Citric acid is commonly used as a preservative in food and beverage products due to its ability to inhibit the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms. However, if you can’t find it in the grocery store, or prefer to test a substitute, there are several options that you might want to use.
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C): This is a natural antioxidant that can help to preserve the color and flavor of food.
- Malic acid: This is another natural acid that is commonly found in fruits such as apples and grapes. You can use it to add a tart flavor to food and can also help to preserve it.
- Tartaric acid: This is a natural acid that is used to give a tangy taste to food and drink.
- Lactic acid: This also, is a natural acid that is produced by bacteria during fermentation. It can be used to preserve food and also adds a tangy taste.
As stated above, citric acid can be found in different grocery stores and other sections of the grocery store. The above-highlighted grocery stores are some trustworthy online stores where you can get citric acid.
Also, it’s noteworthy that most of the stores listed above have online platforms. It makes it easier to order your products online and get them delivered to your doorstep without passing through the stress of going to the physical store. We hope you find this post helpful and serve as a guide on which grocery store section to buy citric acid.