Pancetta is simply pork belly that is cured, spiced, and dried. It has its roots in Italy and is not popular in most parts of the world. Pancetta is different from bacon because while bacon is smoked, pancetta is not.
So, if you are in the grocery store or about to go and you are wondering where to find pancetta in the grocery store, you are on the right page. In this post, we have revealed the common grocery store aisles and sections where you can easily get them. If probably you do not know which store to go find pancetta, our list covers that too.
What Aisle is Pancetta in the Grocery Store?
When looking for Pancetta in any grocery store, you should look at the delicatessen or deli section in the grocery store. If you can’t find it in the deli, should look at the international aisle where it will place near order Italian products. This is because Pancetta is a native meat of Italy.
Read Also: Does Trader Joe’s Sell Ham?
Where to Buy Pancetta Near You
Amazon has different brands and types of pancetta you can try out. The top-rated products are Colameco’s uncured diced pancetta, Hormel Bacon bits, and Wellshire Farms bacon bits.
The benefit of buying from Amazon is that it’s an online store where you can browse their website to discover the different types of pancetta. Also, you can stay in the comfort of your house before you can buy your products.
- All pork from the Whole Foods Market Meat department must meet standards for animal welfare, feed and more, so you can know about what you're buying (and eating). Here are some things you can count on with this selection:
- No added growth hormones or antibiotics, ever
- No animal by-products in feed
- 100% real bacon crumbles
- Fully cooked
- Bacon adds a burst of flavor to any meal
- GOOD SOURCE OF PROTEIN: No matter what time it is, bacon is always a good idea. Jack Link's Hickory Smoked Bacon Jerky is ready when you are and packed with 11 grams of protein. It's a flavorful snack that keeps you satisfied on your busiest days.
- MADE WITH 100% REAL PORK: The best way to start your day or afternoon. There is no wrong time of day for thick cut slices of real pork, bacon that is trans-fat free. They're an epic protein snack you're sure to crave
- FULL OF FLAVOR: Bacon is the best part of the morning, so why eat it only for breakfast. Bacon is delicious any time of day, and with our ready-to-eat bacon jerky, you don't have to wait to cook or eat it.
Walmart is another big store in the US where you can find Pancetta. They have different brands, such as Bretta and Citterio Pancetta. Before shopping, you can also share their website to know the other brands available. Also, if you can find any Walmart store close to your area, you can use their online store locator to find the nearest grocery store near your location that sells Pancetta.
Kroger also sells pancetta and you will find it in the deli section of the store. They carry different brands like Fiorucci, Cubetti, and Boar’s Head. You can check their website anytime to find out the particular brand of pancetta available. Meanwhile, Kroger offers a delivery service which means you can order through their website, and it will be delivered to your doorstep.
At Target, you will find pancetta in the deli section. Target sells products like Columbus diced Pancetta and Good and Gather Pancetta. So if it is a place you prefer to shop at, then you might want to go check it out.
5. Ethnic Market
Another place you can check for your pancetta ethnic markets, especially the ones that sell Italian products. You can find Pancetta in these stores.
If there is any Wegmans store close to you, it is another place you would want to check for pancetta. Usually, pancetta at Wegmans is found among the deli meats.
7. Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods is rated among the biggest grocery store in the US. It has so many stores in different places and sells various products including pancetta. You can also find different brands of pancetta like Dolce pancetta and Calemeco’s uncure pancetta.
Publix is another excellent grocery store where you can get pancetta. They usually have it in the deli section of the grocery store. You will find Boar’s Head, Volpi, and Busseto pancetta products at Publix.
Safeway keeps pancetta in the deli meat section. They carry products like Columbus diced pancetta, Primo Taglio uncured pancetta among other brands.
Do you have H-E-B nearby? That is another place you can buy pancetta. H-E-B sell brands like Applegate Naturals pancetta, Mastro Round pancetta, Boar’s Head pancetta, etc.
Walk into the nearest Ralphs grocery store and check their deli meat section for the Boar’s Head diced pancetta, La Quercia pancetta, or the Columbus brand.
At Albertsons, you can basically find two brands of pancetta: The Boar’s Head and the Primo Taglio pancettas. You will find them in the meat section.
Vons keep pancetta in the deli section of the store. Primo Taglio, Boar’s Head, Fiorucci, and Deitz & Watson are some of the pancetta brands that they sell.
Great Ways to Use Pancetta
- For making soup: Begin by chopping or dicing pieces of Pancetta into your soup. It adds a meaty flavor to the soup, and you will surely enjoy it.
- Use pancetta in salads: You can dice it and add it to salad, be sure to use an already cooked pancetta. It will add a meaty taste to the salad.
- Use pancetta as pizza topping: You can add them as toppings to pizza when making them at home. You can also use it with other veggies when making the pizza to add more flavor and taste.
- Used to improve pasta flavor: You can add pancetta to your pasta only when you are about to serve it.
- Use in rice: To boost the meaty flavor and taste of your rice, introduce pancetta when your rice is fully cooked or about to be served.
- Make sandwiches: You can always add it to your sandwich to have more flavor and taste.
In summary, we have stated in this post that you can find pancetta in the deli section or the international aisle of the grocery store.
Also, be aware that most of the stores in this article have online platforms or sites where you can visit to check out the different brands of Pancetta and also place orders online.
- Where to Find Curing Salt in the Grocery Store
- Where is Rock Salt in the Grocery Store
- Where to Find Chamoy in the Grocery Store
Having worked in a grocery store in the past, I thought it wise to pen down a few things that you might be interested to know about shopping and navigating your way around the store.