Yes, QuikTrip takes EBT cards for payment of eligible products under SNAP benefits. EBT card is like a normal debit card funded by Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
The benefit only covers payment for grocery items and cold food. Payment of other products like gasoline and Made-to-Order hot foods are made outside of the benefit.
For flexibility and roomy conditions for its customers, the store accepts different payment methods, including contactless payment, cash, check, and major debit and credit cards.
Meanwhile, QuikTrip is an American chain of convenience stores that deals in grocery items and Made-to-Order hot foods. It also sells gasoline, snacks, and beverages.
Items you can buy at QuikTrip using an EBT card
- Bread, snacks, cereal
- Dairy products such as milk, yogurt, and cheese
- Fruits and other beverages
- Seeds and plants for food
- Meat, fish, chicken, and turkey
Items you can’t buy at QuikTrip using an EBT card
- Live animals, except for shellfish and fish out of water
- Alcohol, cigarettes, and tobacco
- Household supplies which include cleaning items, appliances, etc
- Medicine and supplements
- Pet food
QuikTrip, also known as QT, is an American chain of Convenience stores based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It also operates in the Midwestern, Southern, and Southeastern United States and also in Arizona.
The store was founded in 1958, and in 1971, it began to sell gasoline. As its name implies, it ensures a quick and fun-filled trip to your destination.
The store also sells beer, soda, coffee, cigarettes, and candy, in case you want to stop by and also grab a drink or snacks.
To make your trip even more interesting, they opened QT kitchens where they sell fresh foods, including sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit, and Made-to-order hot food.
And now, QuikTrip has over 800 stores all over 14 states of the United States.
Read Also: Which Countries Have Target? (Full List)
How does EBT work?
As aforementioned, an EBT card works like a normal debit card. But in this case, it is funded by SNAP. SNAP program is a government program that aims to help individuals or families that are not financially stable.
You can only use SNAP benefits to buy groceries, cold food, beverages, seeds for food plants, meat, and fish in SNAP-approved stores.
Anything outside the eligible items is not approved. Once you use your EBT card for payment, your EBT account is debited to reimburse the store you bought the items from.
Things you should know about EBT
- Your EBT account is credited every month.
- Your monthly benefit does not expire if it is not exhausted before the month’s end. Instead, it will be rolled over to the next month in addition to the new month’s benefit.
- However, if the benefit remains unused for as long as nine months, it will be removed from your account.
- Only eligible individuals are given the SNAP benefit.
Read Also: List of Grocery Stores that Accept EBT
What other payment does QT accept?
Aside from EBT, QT accepts various payment methods including;
- Contactless payment methods – Google pay, Apple pay, Samsung pay, etc.
- Major debit/credit cards – MasterCard, Visa, Maestro, American Express
Does QT accept EBT in all of its stores in the US?
Yes, QT accepts EBT in all of its branches in the US. However, before you visit their store in any of their branches, place a call to know if the particular QT store accepts EBT payment at the moment.
What are other grocery or retail stores that accept EBT payments?
- Smart and Final
- Stop & shop
- Food Lion
- BJ’s wholesale club
- Lucky supermarket
- Price chopper
- FoodMaxx, etc.
QT or QuikTrip accepts different payment methods, including EBT cards. This flexibility of payment makes it easier for their customers to use various payment methods for their purchases.
EBT or food stamp is a payment method that can only be used to purchase groceries and cold foods. Gas, hot foods, or MTO are excluded from the SNAP benefits. Only the eligible ones can use SNAP benefits.