Maraschino cherries is that item that always comes in handy if you’re looking for the perfect topping for ice cream sundaes. Also, if you want some ad-ons to garnish your milkshakes, hams, cake, or pastries, maraschino is one ingredient that should always be among the best options to choose from.
While it may be a nice ingredient for a lot of recipes, if you haven’t shopped for it before, it becomes quite a challenge searching for it in grocery stores.
Aside from different grocery stores having multiple aisles where they stock it, you’re likely to have issues finding a specific brand in grocery stores.
Luckily we’ll be helping you with this quick shopping guide on where to find maraschino cherries in a grocery store. Aside from that, we’ll also highlight the kinds of brands that are present in most grocery chains near you.
Where is Maraschino Cherries in Grocery Stores
Most grocery chains keep their maraschino cherries in the aisle for canned fruits. While that’s the case, grocery stores without a separate aisle for canned fruits have theirs placed in a general aisle for canned foods. Also, some grocery stores will keep maraschino cherries in the condiment aisle – when they categorize all canned fruits as condiments.
At the same time, you shouldn’t be surprised to see it next to the ice cream aisle as it’s quite popular as an ice cream topping. Some grocery stores can even have it in the canned fruits aisle but also position it close to the ice cream section.
Read Also: Where to Find Applesauce in Grocery Store
Where is Maraschino Cherries near You
Amazon grocery stores (Amazon Fresh) keep maraschino cherries in the aisle for canned & packaged foods – look for the jarred cherries section. If you’re looking for a spot with a lot of brand varieties, Amazon is one of the top choices you want to consider. You can also order direct from Amazon and they carry brands like REX, Hotel Starlino, Luxardo, Member’s Mark, Peninsula, and lots more.
- Luxardo Maraschino Cherries are sour marasca cherries that are candied and steeped in a syrup made of cherry juice and sugar. They are gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan, and kosher.
- Unlike the neon variety, Luxardo maraschino cherries are candied fresh. They are dark and decadent with the rich flavor of a real sour marasca cherry
- These Italian cherries are essential for both modern and classic cocktails. No bar is complete without Luxardo cherries!
- STEMLESS CHERRIES – Discover a gourmet jar of Royal Anne Cherries without stem. Red and juicy, these cherries are perfect for those looking to make authentic cocktails.
- AUTHENTIC COCKTAIL GARNISH – Perfect for adding the finishing touch to any drink or dessert, the stemless cherries elevate the authenticity and taste of any classic cocktail.
- TASTY SNACK – Although great for cocktails, these cherries are delicious on their own, especially to those who have a sweet tooth. Simply place a few cherries onto a side dish for enjoyable nibbles.
- When we created our Maraschino and Dessert Cherries, the goal was to develop the kind of staples and ingredients we'd want in our own pantry—flavorful, wholesome & preservative-free.
- Nothing artificial, whole cherries with stems
If you’ll be shopping for maraschino cherries at Walmart stores, you want to search the aisle for canned goods. They’ve got brands like Great Value, Del Monte, Oregon, and The Royal Cherry.
Kroger grocery outlets keep their maraschino cherries in the aisle for canned foods – look for the section for canned fruits. Much like Amazon, it’s a great spot to look for different brands. Aside from their self-branded Kroger Maraschino Cherries with Stems, you can also find brands like Royal Harvest, Member’s Mark, Mazzetta, and Tillen Farms.
If you’ve got a Safeway grocery store near you, you can check their aisle for canned foods to find maraschino cherries. The only downside is that they often have very limited varieties. For example, stores on Broadway only have Signature SELECT and Luxardo.
Target grocery stores keep their maraschino cherries in the aisle for canned fruits. Depending on your pickup location, you may have a variety of brands available, or just one.
Related: Which Countries Have Target?
Wegmans is another surefire spot to find multiple brands of maraschino cherries – they stock theirs in the aisle for canned fruits. You can find brands like Luxardo, Lucky Leaf, and their self-branded Wegmans Maraschino Cherries (with and without) stems.
7. Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods stores keep their maraschino cherries in the canned fruits aisle. While shopping here you can find different brands like Luxardo, Great Value, REX, and Hotel Starlino.
If you’ve got a Meijer grocery store nearby, you’ll want to search through their canned fruits section for maraschino cherries. The only downside to shopping here is that they only stock their self-branded maraschino cherry.
9. Stop & Shop
Stop & Shop grocery stores often keep their maraschino cherries in the aisle for canned or jarred fruits. They’ve got brands like Mazzetta, Reese, Tillen, and of course, their self-branded Stop & Shop Cherries which is available in both stems and without stems variants.
If you by any chance happen to have a Shaws grocery outlet nearby, you can also go there to find maraschino cherries – they stock theirs in the aisle for canned fruits in the canned fruit section. However, there’s a slight downside to shopping here – they often only stock Signature SELECT, and Reese Cherries Maraschino with Stems.
How Long Does Maraschino Cherries Last After Opening?
Unopened jars of maraschino cherries can last for up to 2-3 years when stored in a cool, dry place. Once opened, they should be refrigerated and consumed within 12 months.
While that’s the case, preservatives used in maraschino cherries can extend their shelf life, but it’s important to check the ingredient list for potential sensitivities or allergies.
- Where is Cranberry Sauce in a Grocery Store?
- Where to Find Strawberry Puree in a Grocery Store
- Where to Find Breadcrumbs in the Grocery Store
- Where is Panko in Grocery Store?
Having worked in a grocery store in the past, I thought it wise to pen down a few things that you might be interested to know about shopping and navigating your way around the store.