Many people like using seaweed as a nutritional addition to diets because it’s rich in minerals, potassium, vitamins, magnesium, and fiber. Due to this, there has been a high demand for seaweed.
Many people might be wondering where to find seaweed in the grocery store. You can find seaweed at most grocery stores, but it can be, in some cases, unfamiliar to some customers. So, where should you look for seaweed in the grocery store?
We are going to find out in this article. Continue reading to learn more about the different grocery stores section you can find seaweeds.
What Aisle is Seaweed in Grocery Store?
You can find seaweed in different sections of the grocery store depending on the store arrangement.
The first place to check for seaweed in the grocery store is the Asian foods section. There, you will find a variety of seaweeds to choose from.
Suppose the grocery store you are shopping at doesn’t have an Asian food section, then check for seaweed in the fish aisle and in the international aisle.
In these sections of the grocery store, you will find different seaweed brands and types of seaweed.
Read Also: List of Grocery Stores that Accept EBT
Where to Buy Seaweed Near Me?
Check out these top-rated seaweed snacks:
- Annie Chun's Organic Seaweed Snacks, Sesame, USDA Certified Organic, Vegan, Gluten Free & Non-GMO, 0.16 Oz (Pack of 12)
- Net weight of each pack:40g/1.41oz
- Delicious with good nutrients from the sea
- Cripsy and tasty
- 100% ORGANIC, Premium Roasted Seaweed, NON-GMO.
- An Extraordinary Superfood with a great source of vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- 100% Natural, No artificial flavors, colors and seasonings.
Below and the few grocery stores that sell seaweeds:
1. Whole Foods
This is one of the top grocery stores focusing on selling quality natural and organic products. Whole Foods sells different types of seaweeds products, such as dried seaweed sushi wraps and seaweed snacks. This store has more than 400 branches in the US, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
Another great store where you can find seaweed products is Walmart. This retail store sells different kinds of seaweed products, such as seaweed snacks, dried seaweeds, and roasted seaweed. You can also visit their online store to place your order which will be delivered to your home without going through all the stress of going to the physical store.
3. Trader Joe’s
Trader Joe’s is a grocery store owned by Aldi, a German company. This grocery store sells seafood products like snacks, sushi wraps, and dried seaweed. Also, Trader Joe’s has more than 2,000 stores in the United States.
This grocery store sells various seaweed from different brands, such as dried seaweed sushi wraps and seaweed snacks. This company has more than 2,000 stores in the United States and is owned and managed by Tesco, a British company.
5. Amazon Fresh
If you are searching for a grocery store that sells seaweed or you don’t have any physical grocery store close to you, Amazon is the best place to look. You can find various types of seaweed, such as roasted, dried, and even edible. You must visit their online store, choose from any brand you want, and place your order. Another interesting thing is that Amazon offers free shipping for goods of $25 upward.
6. Asian Markets
Another great place to find seaweed. Asian markets sell seaweed because they use it in lots of Asian diets, like sushi. Some seaweed products sold in Asian markets include seaweed snacks, sushi wraps, and dried seaweed.
Target is your top store to get your seaweed products. They sell all the various types of seaweed, and you can find coupons and other deals on seaweed products.
You can also find seaweed in the Publix grocery store if you have one nearby. At the Publix grocery store, you will find various types of seaweed.
You can also find seaweed at Wegmans grocery store in the grocery store which has Asian products. You can go to that website and browse through the different brands available before buying in the shop.
10. Local Health Food Store
Due to its various health benefits, you can find seaweed at any local health food store near you. So when looking for a place to get your seaweed, you can also check the local health food store.
Uses of Seaweed
Because seaweed is a nutritious and delicious ingredient, it is incorporated into different dishes. Below are ways to use seaweeds:
- Seaweed can be used in rice salad as a light lunch. Mix seaweed with cooked rice and dice avocado or cucumber, depending on your desired dressing.
- You can also use seaweed for seaweed soup, a male perfect for the winter season. To do this, you must heat food in water and add sliced vegetables.
- Another way to use seaweed is to mix it with garlic, ginger, and other vegetables, then fry it and serve it with rice or noodles.
- Seaweed can be used to make seaweed Sakura whereby you soak seaweed in buttered egg water and flour. Then fry it until it turns Brown and serve it with dipping sauces.
- Seaweed can be used for seaweed sushi which is a Japanese dish. It is a light dish, and you can make it by rolling sushi rice and seaweed in nori sheets, and you can serve it with pickled ginger and soy sauce.
Types of Seaweed
Below are the common type of seaweed you can find in any grocery store;
This is among the most common types of seaweed in any grocery store. This red algae is a popular Japanese ingredient for dishes used for sushi wraps.
Kombu is another common type of seaweed. It is very popular in Korean and Japanese diets. It’s used for sushi wraps and soup stocks.
This is another type of sushi that is common among the Japanese. It’s brown algae with a sweet flavor. It is used for salads and soup.
In summary, seaweeds are found in the various sections of a grocery store depending on the store’s arrangements. It’s primarily located in the Asian food section and the international section at the grocery store.
When buying seaweed in any grocery store, in short, look for the ones that are still bright in color. With this guide, you’ll be able to find seaweed at any grocery store with ease.
- Where to Find Grape Leaves in the Grocery Store
- Where to Find Poppy Seeds in the Grocery Store
- What Aisle is Vinegar in the Grocery Store?
Having worked in a grocery store in the past, I thought it wise to pen down a few things that you might be interested to know about shopping and navigating your way around the store.