If you want to prepare a meal that requires dried beef and you need clarification on which grocery store section or aisle you can find it, this article is for you. It also contains a list of all the grocery stores selling dried beef around you.
By the way, what is dried beef and how can you recognize it in the grocery store? Dried beef is simply beef that is cured with curing salt, dried, and sliced into smaller pieces. It is flavorful and versatile and can be enjoyed as breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just any time in between.
You can easily spot it sitting on grocery store shelves as they are boldly labeled “Dried Beef”. However, some products are labeled as chipped beef.
What Aisle is Dried Meat in the Grocery Store?
The first place you will find dried meat in the grocery store is the canned meat section. You will find the dried beef packed in jars or as packets in this aisle.
Another area to check for dried meat is in the grocery store’s deli section or aisle. When shopping, these are the two places to check any grocery store to find dried beef.
Read Also: Where is Rock Salt in the Grocery Store?
Where to Buy Dried Beef Near Me
At Amazon, you can choose from various dried beef brands. Amazon is an online store, which means it is easier because you can access their website to know the brands available. Also, you can leave your house before you can buy your desired brand of dried beef. Place an order, and it will be delivered to you.
- GOOD SOURCE OF PROTEIN - Protein is an essential part of your diet. Jack Link's Beef Jerky is a must-have snack to help keep you satisfied and energized all day.
- MADE WITH 100% BEEF - Our Beef Jerky is made from lean cuts of 100% beef. Our delicious beef jerky is 96% fat free with no added MSG** or Nitrates/Nitrites. **Except for that naturally occurring in soy sauce
- FULL ON FLAVOR - It’s the best of both worlds: heat and sweet. We marinate each strip of our Sweet & Hot Jerky with a blend of smoky sweet chili and black pepper. This combo builds while you’re eating for heat perfectly balanced with a touch of sweet. Each strip of Teriyaki Beef Jerky is marinated with our special blend of soy, garlic, ginger and brown sugar. Then, it's slow cooked over hardwood smoke for the perfect smoky flavor. It's the perfect combo of East meets West delicious
- Product 1: Satisfy your hunger: savory beef Jerky silver dollars real hardwood Smoked to perfection
- Product 1: Fuel your body: tender USA beef with 10g of protein per serving
- Product 1: Perfect protein on-the-go: Our jerky is a great for lunch time, after school, on road trips, for gym time, and on fun outdoor activities
- Product 1: Resealable 1/2 pound bag (8oz) Beef Jerky
- Product 1: 11g of Protein & 80 Calories Per Serving
- Product 1: 100% Premium Beef: 96% fat free lean cuts of beef. No added MSG or nitrates/nitrites
At Walmart, you will find dried beef in the canned meat aisle. They sell products like Hormel and Amour Star dried beef. Another good thing about the store is that you can search through their website to know if other brands are available. If you can’t find any Walmart store around you, you can use their store locator to find any Walmart store nearest to you that sells dried beef.
Kroger also sells the Amour Star dried beef brand. To know if they have other brands of dried beef, you can browse through the website. Kroger offers a delivery service, meaning when you buy any product from the store, it will be delivered to you at your doorstep.
4. Ethnic Markets
If there are any ethnic markets close to you, then you can also get dried beef from there. You can find various brands of dried beef at ethnic markets.
Wegmans is another grocery store where you can get your dried beef near you. You can check on their website to know the various brands available.
Close to any Publix, check the canned meat aisle for products like Armour, Carson’s, and creamed dried beef from Stouffer’s. You can locate any Publix store around you to get your dried beef.
At the Safeway grocery store, you can also get your dried beef in the canned meat aisle. They sell brands like Hormel dried beef, Esskay chipped beef and Knauss dried beef.
Read Also: Does Safeway do Money Orders?
Target also sells dried beef, which can be found in the canned meat section of the grocery store. They carry brands like Armour and Beef Heart.
At Albertsons, you will find mainly two brands of dried beef: Amour Star dried beef and Hormel dried beef. Check their canned meat aisle for these products.
10. King Soopers
Do you have King Soopers nearby? You can find various brands of dried beef you can choose from here. They carry creamed dried beef from Stouffer’s, Armour dried beef, Old Trappers hot & spicy beef jerky, etc.
Vons is among the grocery stores that sell dried beef, and they sell brands like Hormel dried beef. You can also visit their website to see other brands available.
12. Trader Joe’s
Trader Joe’s sells natural beef jerky of various sizes and weights. You can check their canned meat section for this product. If you can’t reach the nearest Trader Joe’s store, the alternative is to order the beef jerky on Amazon.
Read Also: Does Trader Joe’s Sell Rotisserie Chicken?
Interesting Ways to Use Dried Beef
- Making Gravy: This is probably the simplest way of using dried beef. All you need to do is cut it into small pieces and add it to your gravy. Before adding, reduce the quantity of salt in your gravy because the dried beef contains salt. This is done to avoid your gravy being salty.
- To Make Dip: This is a great method of using your dried beef, and you need three ingredients to prepare this; dried beef, cream cheese, and onion. Put the cream cheese in a bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until it is smooth. Then add your dried beef and onions, cover the bowl with wraps, and put in the fridge for up to 2 hours before serving.
- Make creamed chipped beef: Here is a well-known food in the U.S. This creamed chipped beef can be served with biscuits or on top of bread.
How to Store Dried Beef
The best way to store dried beef is to keep it in an airtight, lidded container that is completely free of moisture. However, once you open the jar, it is advisable to put the remaining in the refrigerator or you freeze it in a freezer bag. Ensure you take out as much air as possible from the freezer bag before you seal it.
How Long Will Dried Beef Last?
How long dried beef will last depends on the amount of moisture present in it and the storage conditions it is under. Nevertheless, expect freeze-dried beef to last about 25 to 30 days.
In summary, you can find dried beef in the above-stated aisles in a grocery store. It all depends on how the store placement is. Also, note that most of these stores stated in this article that sells dried beef have websites.
To inquire more about a product, you can visit the website to know more about such a product. This includes checking for the different brands of dried beef, the prices, etc. Finally, some stores offer delivery services, which means your goods can be delivered to your house without you having to move an inch to a physical store.
- Where to Find Lard in the Grocery Store
- Where to Find TV Dinners in the Grocery Store
- Where to Find Tahini in Grocery Store
- Where to Find Cacao Nibs in the Grocery Store
Having worked in a grocery store in the past, I thought it wise to pen down a few things that you might be interested to know about shopping and navigating your way around the store.