Oyster sauce is a popular condiment in Asian cuisine, made from oyster extracts, sugar, salt, and other ingredients. It is often used as a marinade, dipping sauce, or ingredient in stir-fries and other dishes. If you’re wondering where oyster sauce is in a grocery store, we have included in this article the aisles and stores to buy it.
What Aisle is Oyster Sauce in the Grocery Store?
The first place you would find oyster sauce is the International aisle. Many grocery stores have an international aisle where you can find a variety of Asian sauces and condiments, including oyster sauce.
The second place to check for this condiment is the Asian food section. Some stores may have a separate section for Asian foods, where you can find oyster sauce alongside other Asian condiments.
If you can get your hands on it yet, then your last stop would be the Sauces and condiments aisle. You may find oyster sauce in the sauces and condiments aisle, near other sauces like soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
Read Also: Where to Find Chamoy in Grocery Store
What Grocery Store Sells Oyster Sauce?
On Amazon, you can find brands like Lee Kum Kee, Wa Ja Shan, and other brands of oyster sauce. So if you prefer convenience, or feel comfortable online, you might want to check out these products on Amazon.
- WOK MEI GLUTEN FREE OYSTER SAUCE - Our gf sauce is carefully made with key ingredients and a great addition to any meal. Great for anyone who is gluten intolerant
- GREAT FOR MARINADES AND STIR FRY - Normally used in Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese cooking. Ideal for flavoring meats and vegetables. Use in stir frys like chow mein
- FLAVORFUL CLASSIC ASIAN SAUCE - Essential sauce that can be added to your next homemade dish
- Product Type:Sauce
- Item Package Dimensions:15.748 cm L X 16.256 cm W X 16.764 cm H
- Item Package Weight:2.268 kg
2. Asian Markets
An Asian market is where all Asian products or ingredients are sold. Due to this, there are a lot of possibilities that you will find oyster sauce, which comes cheap. Here, you will find the vegan oyster sauce.
At Walmart, you will find oyster sauce in the international aisle among Asian market products. Check for products like Lee Kum Kee panda oyster sauce, Kikkoman, and Ka-Me brands. Nevertheless, before buying from here, check if there’s any Walmart store close to you; if there isn’t, use their store locator to know the nearest one close to you.
At Kroger, there are a lot of oyster sauce brands you can choose from. One of these brands is the Wei Chuan Mushrooms oyster sauce.
5. Whole Foods
You can find oyster sauce in the condiments and dressings aisle of any Whole Foods Market. They have different options, which include Wok Mei and gluten-free lee kum kee oyster sauce.
Safeway grocery stores have the vegan type of oyster sauce placed in the condiment section. They carry products like Dynasty, Kikkoman, Ka-Me, and Lee Kum Kee brands/.
7. Your Local Health Food Store
You can also find oyster sauce at your local health food store. They normally sell the vegan kind of oyster sauce.
Read Also: Where to Find Tajin in Grocery Store
Great Ways to Use Oyster Sauce
Below are some of the uses of oyster sauce in different dishes;
- Oyster sauce is used in Chinese broccoli beef. This dish is famous in Chinese and comprises beef, broccoli, shrimp, pork, pea, and oyster sauce. After preparing it, it is poured into the dish to add flavor and make it more delicious.
- Use it in Stir-Fries. You can use oyster sauce as a stir-fry ingredient to give a sweet, salty taste. It can be tried with noodles, vegetables, tofu, and other dishes.
- Oyster sauce can be used to stew vegetables. To add great flavor, you can stew your favorite vegetables with oyster sauce, such as greens, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, and others.
- It is used as a topping for a salad. Oyster sauce can be added to salads as a mixture of other ingredients such as soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, and garlic.
Oyster Sauce Substitutes
Are you preparing a dish that requires oyster sauce, and you notice you have run out of it? There are other sauces you can use to replace it or use as a substitute.
1. Fish Sauce
Fish sauce is brownish like oyster sauce, but it is thinner than oyster sauce. But it can be used as a substitute for oyster sauce in dishes.
2. Hoisin Sauce
This sauce is very similar to oyster sauce. It’s made from soybeans and can be used as a substitute for dishes that require oyster sauce.
Further Reading: Where is Hoisin Sauce in the Grocery Store?
3. Sweet Sauce Kecap Manis
This sauce can be traced to Indonesia. It has a sweet flavor and can be used as a substitute for oyster sauce.
In this post, we have highlighted all the possible grocery store aisles or sections where you can find oyster sauce. Also, we have listed some grocery stores to find these products, including the uses and other products you can use as a substitute if you run out of oyster sauce. We hope you find the above information useful.
- Where to Find Barley Malt Syrup in Grocery Store
- Where to Find Molasses in Grocery Store
- What Aisle is Balsamic Glaze in Grocery Store?
- Where to Find Orzo in Grocery Store
Having worked in a grocery store in the past, I thought it wise to pen down a few things that you might be interested to know about shopping and navigating your way around the store.