Winco Foods is one of America’s most popular retail stores. Reports show that Winco buys her products directly from farmers and manufacturers, thereby allowing the store to offer great deals and prices. Winco is reputed to be an economical choice for grocery stores in the United States.
However, before going to any popular retail store like Winco to shop, it is vital you know which payment options are accepted. You may be wondering if Winco accepts Electronic Benefit Transfers.
Does Winco Take EBT Card Payments?
Well, Yes!… Winco does accept EBT. Regardless of which Winco location you are visiting for your grocery shopping, you can make a payment using your EBT card.
In this article, you’d find out how Electronic Benefits Transfer works at Winco. Additionally, you’ll get to know the items you can purchase at Winco using EBT.
Related: List of Grocery Stores that Accept EBT Card
How Do I Use EBT at Winco Foods Checkouts?
After shopping at Winco, you can pay for your products using EBT. Nonetheless, ensure you check your balance before shopping by either calling customer service or looking at your previous receipt. Below is a step-by-step guide to using Electronic Benefits Transfer at Winco checkouts:
- Step 1: Take your purchase to the checkout. Depending on the store, it may be necessary to separate SNAP-approved foods from other items.
- Step 2: Swipe your card through the point-of-sale (POS) terminal or give your EBT card to the clerk.
- Step 3: Enter your four-digit PIN code and press the “ENTER” key.
- Step 4: The cashier enters the purchase amount. If the amount is correct, press the “OK” or “YES” button.
- Step 5: You will receive a copy of the printed receipt which will show the store name and address, purchase amount, and your new food stamp account balance.
- Step 6: Save your receipt so you know your new balance the next time you shop.
Read Also: List of Grocery Stores that Accept Apple Pay
What Items Can I Purchase at Winco Using EBT?
At Winco stores, you can only buy SNAP-approved products. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program states clearly what you can and cannot buy with your EBT card. At Winco, you will be able to buy any of these products:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Dairy products such as yogurts, cheeses, and milk, amongst others
- Fish, meat, and chicken
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Seed plants that can produce edible food
Besides, there are items you will not be able to buy at Winco using EBT:
- Household items like paper products and cleaning supplies, amongst others
- Hot or already prepared meals
- Supplements, vitamins, and medicines
- Alcoholic beverages or liquor
- Food for pets
- Hygiene products
- Live animals
It is possible to purchase both SNAP-approved and non-food items. In such cases, inform the cashier that you will be paying with EBT and an alternative form of payment.
The cashier will first inform you of the total amount of your SNAP-approved items which you can pay with your EBT card. Other items can be paid for using an alternative payment form.
Alternative Payment Methods at Winco Foods
In a case where you have purchased both SNAP-approved and non-food items, you can pay for the former using EBT, while the latter can be paid for using an alternative payment form. Winco Foods accepts alternative payment methods such as debit and credit cards, gift cards, cash and cheques, even WIC vouchers.
Related: Does Winco Accept Apple Pay?
What You Should Know About Electronic Benefit Transfer
You may have heard of EBT and now you’re wondering, “What exactly is EBT?” EBT, which is an acronym for Electronic Benefits Transfer, is a method of payment designed specifically for participants of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. This program was initially known as the Food Stamp program until 2008 when it was renamed.
Once you are a recipient, you will receive a plastic card with a magnetic stripe and PIN. Both cash benefits and food stamps are deposited into your electronic benefit accounts that can be accessed through a PIN code. The way EBT cards work is very similar to debit cards. Nonetheless, the funds on this card can only be used to make purchases at SNAP-approved stores. An example of such a store is Winco.
Regardless of which Winco location you are visiting for your grocery shopping, you can make a payment using your EBT card. The way EBT cards work is very similar to debit cards. Nonetheless, the funds on this card can only be used to make purchases at SNAP-approved stores. In this article, we have how one can use EBT at Winco Foods Checkouts.
- Does Walgreens Do Money Orders?
- Does Costco Accept EBT/Food Stamps?
- Does QT Take EBT?
- Does Sheetz Take EBT?