Summary: Trader Joe’s sells different brands of alcohol in the locations where the sale of alcohol is permitted. Trader Joe’s doesn’t sell alcohol online.
Trader Joe’s is one of the largest grocery store chains in the United States with over 400 stores spread in different locations. It is a personal favorite grocery store chain amongst many shoppers because of its lower prices for grocery items and the healthy nature of its products.
Since not every store and location is allowed to sell alcohol and liquor, you are probably wondering if the Trader Joe’s store in your location stocks liquor and other forms of alcohol. If this is the question that brought you here then you’re in luck since we will be discussing the availability of liquor at Trader Joe’s locations and the overall general prices of alcohol at Trader Joe’s.
Do Trader Joe’s Sell Alcohol and Liquor?
Trader Joe’s sells different brands of alcohol in all its locations where sales of alcohol are permitted. They sell beer, tequila, vodka whisky, and other brands of alcohol in their different locations.
Each State in the United States and even some individual counties has its own rules on the sales and distribution of alcohol. Most locations allow stores to sell beer and wine but the sale of liquor might be limited based on the prevailing rules on sales of alcohol.
Although Trader Joe’s sells alcohol and liquor, not all of its locations might stock it since they have to abide by the State’s laws and regulations on the sale of alcohol, liquor, and other hard drinks.
Read Also: Does Trader Joe’s Deliver?
Are Alcohol and Liquor Cheaper at Trader Joe’s?
Yes, alcohol and liquor are cheaper at Trader Joe’s compared to some places and there is a reason for that. Trader Joe’s produces their liquor using small distilleries and less expensive producing and packaging materials. The workers at these distilleries live in a cheaper estates compared to other wine producers.
All of these put together allow Trader Joe’s to sell for lower prices compared to other liquor suppliers in the country. The feedback on the quality of Trader Joe’s liquor is generally positive. However the taste and quality might not be on par with that of other bigger brands of alcohol and liquor.
Some wines can be gotten for as low as $3 at Trader Joe’s while the average price of liquor is $15. Compared to other grocery stores that sell at $20 and above this price is very reasonable.
List of Beers sold at Trader Joe’s
- Josephsbrau Vienna Style Lager 5.7% alcohol
- Name tag classic Lager 5% alcohol
- KBC Blueberry Ale, 4.6% alcohol
- Peter’s Brand Classics 5% alcohol
- Boatswain IPA 6.7% alcohol
- Jumping Cow Amber 5.5% alcohol
- Mission St. Brown Ale 5.7% alcohol
- Trader Jose Dark Premium Lager, 5.3% alcohol
- Boatswain Twin Screw Steamer, 8.4% alcohol
- Mission St. Hefeweizen, 5.2% alcohol
- Fat Weasel Ale, 7.1% alcohol
- KBC Porter, 5.6% alcohol
- Stockyard Oatmeal Stout, 5.2% alcohol
- Boatswain Heavy Lift Vessel, 7% alcohol
- Trader Jose Premium Lager, 3.8% alcohol
- Josephsbrau Bohemian Style Lager, 5% alcohol
- Boatswain Chocolate Stout, 5.4% alcohol
- Josephsbrau Dunkelweizen, 5.2% alcohol
- Vienna Style Lager, 5% alcohol
Read Also: Where to Find Vinegar in Grocery Stores
Other Alcohol and Liquor Available at Trader Joe’s
- Rebel Yell Bourbon 45% alcohol
- TJ’s Kentucky Bourbon, 45% alcohol
- TJ’s Tequila Blanco, 40% alcohol
- TJ’s Small Batch Vodka, 40% alcohol
- TJ’s White Rum of the Gods
- TJ’s Preeminence Gin, 40% alcohol
- The Art of the Still Organic Gin, 40% alcohol
- Trader Joe’s Versatile Spirit Vodka, 40% alcohol
- Trader Joe’s Giotto’s Organic Vodka, 40% alcohol
- Trader Joe’s Haku Vodka, 40% alcohol
- TJ’s Highlands Single Malt Scotch Whiskey, 40% alcohol
Trader Joe’s Stores that Sell Alcohol and Liquor
Some states have laws preventing the sale of alcohol and if your location falls under any of these you might not be able to purchase alcohol from the Trader Joe’s store in that location. Below is a list of some Trader Joe’s locations that are allowed to sell liquor
Locations of Trader Joe’s Stores that Sell Wine, Beer, and Liquor:
- Minnesota except for Eagan
- New Mexico
- Stores that Sell Wine and Beer
- Alabama: Birmingham #737
- Florida: Winter Park, Coral Cables
- Georgia: Sandy Springs & Norcross, Athens, Marietta, Roswell, Buckhead, and Atlanta
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Washington D.C
- Massachusetts: Somerville, Allston: Brookline, Patriot Place, Framingham, and Peabody
- New Jersey
Does Trader Joe’s Sell Alcohol and Liquor Online?
There are no reliable sources to shop Trader Joe’s alcohol and liquor from, and you cannot get it on their official website. Therefore Trader Joe’s alcohol and liquor cannot be bought online.
You can however find Trader Joe’s alcohol and liquor in any Trader Joe’s locations that allow the sale of alcohol and also at Trader Joe’s wine and liquor stores.
- Does Trader Joe’s Sell Ham?
- Does Trader Joe’s Sell Eggs?
- Does Trader Joes Take Apple Pay
- Does Trader Joe’s Take EBT/Food Stamps?